Stains in your carpet can be very difficult to get rid of. Stains look awful when people look at your carpet and get the perception that your home is dirty. Here is a step-by-step list of instructions on how to remove a stain from your carpet using homemade stain remover.
For this job you will need the following items:
- A bottle of white vinegar
- An iron
- Access to an electrical outlet
- A vacuum cleaner
- Dish towels
- One mixing bowl
- One spray bottle
- Start by mixing together 1/4 white vinegar into a mixing bowl to 3/4 water. Mix the two together and let it settle for a couple minutes before proceeding.
- Pour the vinegar and water mixture into a spray bottle to make it easier to apply to the stained area of the carpet. Spray the mixture on the carpet and let it soak into the area for a couple of minutes.
- Get a dish towel and apply water to it to get it damp. Ring out the water in the towel but make sure it is still wet throughout the entire towel and then drape it over the wet area of the carpet
- Plug in the iron and let it heat up for a couple minutes to high heat. Then apply the iron on top of the damp dish towel and iron out the stains. Make sure that you do not apply the iron to the same area for more than about 30 seconds to avoid burning the carpets.
- As you iron over top of the damp towel, the heat from the iron should transfer through the towel and remove the stains from the carpet. The stains from the carpet will transfer themselves from the carpet to the towel, so make sure you use one that you don't mind throwing out afterwards.
- Repeat the entire process starting at the application of the vinegar mixture on the carpet, until the stains are fully removed.
- Complete the job by sprinkling down some baking soda on the area you applied vinegar to the carpets to kill the odour. Let the baking soda soak in for about thirty minutes before vacuuming it up to clean up the area.
If the process outlined above doesn't remove the stains in your carpet, contact a professional carpet cleaning service like Enviro-Steem to do the job. They will have industrial cleaning products that can remove tough stains without damaging your carpets.Share